Tuesday, January 4, 2011

“Beginning is easy - continuing hard”


"Beginning is easy - continuing hard"- Japanese Proverb

I started thinking about this proverb earlier today and I felt that it fit so many aspects of my life. Just in beginning this blog I have experienced the meanings of this saying. It was easy to set up the blog, but is it something I will stick with. I haven't stuck with much in my life. My life is always changing, for the better and for worse. I started ballet…..it didn't stick. I started a 4 year college…it didn't stick. I started a relationship….it didn't stick, as many don't. I started a career…it didn't stick. I just started a new career, but will it stick?
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning my decisions in life. I'm just wondering what is next for me. Do I start doing community service? Do I begin reading a book? Do I begin dating again? Do I start running? What do I do with my life?
All through high school I thought about the big things to begin in life like college. I forgot about the little things. Maybe that why all the big things got mess up. My goal for 2011 is to focus on the little things, and to continue things that I start. I plan to make a quilt for a friend, snowshoe all winter, go for a run, read a book, ride a horse for pure enjoyment, draw a picture, write a poem, make a new friend, go on a real date, volunteer at the soup kitchen, take part in a clothing drive, plant a garden, walk the dog, pick blackberries, and learn to trim a hoof.
I figure the smaller the goal the easier I can get to more little things on my list. The big things can wait.



1 comment:

  1. Often the "little things" ARE the biggest things. This is a beautiful post. It doesn't matter whether blogging "sticks" or not. Because the the most important qualities you possess are those that don't EVER have the chance of being dismissed. I think all of your goals are truly wonderful.

    ReplyDelete